Who Are You?
Over the last twenty years I have had the pleasure to work with thousands of individuals who were looking to change the trajectory of their life. Every one of them begins the process with the desire to create a better future. However, at the end of the process only a portion are able to execute on their dream. The question is ‘Why’? What is the difference between ‘Those Who Do’ and ‘Those Who Don’t?’.
Those who do –
- Mentality of Success. These individuals know in their heart that they will be successful no matter what they do.
- Proactive Belief System. They have strong belief in themselves and conscientiously surround themselves with a small group of individuals who are positive and forward thinking.
- Comfortable with Learning. They don’t expect perfection and don’t let setbacks distract from their objectives. They look at each setback as a learning opportunity propelling them towards their final goal.
- Control. They find security in the control business ownership provides and great unease when an employer controls their future.
- Long-term thinkers. These individuals are focused on their long-term goals. They’re thinking five, ten, twenty years down the road. They’re willing to disrupt their short-term comfort zone in order to secure their long-term dreams.
Those who don’t –
- Questioning. These individuals you’re constantly asking, ‘What if I fail?’. Although this is a good question, these individuals lack the internal belief system that drives success.
- Distractions. Often these individuals are surrounded by distractions that keep their mind occupied and focused on the short-term leaving little bandwidth for the long-term.
- Naysayers. These individuals find themselves surrounded by individuals who are not supportive of their objectives. They delay their dreams in hopes of changing everyone’s mind.
- Security. They falsely believe they are ‘uniquely valuable’ to their employer and therefore ‘secure’.
- Comfort zone. These individuals get stuck in their comfort zone and find it difficult to move in a new direction.
Who are you?
As you know, ‘Life will only change when you’re more committed to your dreams than you are your comfort zone’. If you believe business ownership is for you then it’s time to get out of your comfort zone and commit.